As cócegas podem fazer rir, mas também podem irritar muita gente.

"Seja bem-vindo quem vier por bem!" e "se à porta humildemente bate alguém, senta-se à mesa com a gente!"

Recomendação Sonora

Monday 11 May 2009

John Zorn and The Theatre of Musical Optics



"I think what it's all about is from a very young age I found a connection between the visual and the oral, from watching movies all the time. From watching cartoons all the time. And humm, as I went further and further out, going beyond class, rice and minimalism, I actually went even beyond sound itself. I began to feel that music was a way of manipulating a material and it didn't have to be... sound! That you could manipulate something visual.. in a musical way! And that's when the Theatre of Musical Optics came about. I always used to say to myself, humm: I'll become more well-known as a musician making regular music and I'll come back to the real revolution that I've created, the real advanced shit, that is going to be the music like from a hundred years from now, these visual performances. And who knows? hehehehe."

No comments: