As cócegas podem fazer rir, mas também podem irritar muita gente.

"Seja bem-vindo quem vier por bem!" e "se à porta humildemente bate alguém, senta-se à mesa com a gente!"

Recomendação Sonora

Monday 28 January 2008

Próximo projecto - peça 60-90 minutos

Day 1

I am going to start writing right now, in this very moment. Today, my Writing For Performance lecturer, Maddie, talked to me and told me I did not show clearly the process of constructing/writing my 10-minutes play. Despite I took some weeks to get it done, and made a draft of half of it, when I felt it was already heading somewhere, I must admit I could develop a little bit more of how I came up with the inspiration and all that sort of things, in my portfolio. Therefore, I decided to write a diary of everyday write something new, explaining what I am going to write about and share my inspirations.

First of all, without going any further, I must say I created an online blog on the 24th of November 2007, and another one with ten more people two weeks after. In my blog, where I write weekly, I study the society I see, it’s phenomenons, and what shocks me in it – like mothers using leashes as security devices to protect/control their children. On the other blog, me and my friends from Portugal just fool around, telling stories, posting vídeos we create, etc. Both of these blogs are in portuguese and that is the only reason I am not giving the weblink, but if you still are interested to see them, I’ll write them down with all my pleasure.

Lately I have been inspired quite a lot by music. Not random music, obviously. I have been inspired they some of Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals for its topics. I use musics from The Doors to get in an emotional trip and get inspired. I do the same with the early Pink Floyd’s albuns, specially with the Syd Barrett’s ones and the Atom Heart Mother. Long-lengh musics, inspired by acids and strong emotions ending up in travels or musical pictures are very inspiring for me. Listening to an half an hour song can take to a transe where I do not need alcohol to create. Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells (I, II and III) are also very inspiring for the same reasons.

I am a very sensitive person and get really anoid by disturbing subjects, which can block all my other thoughts and focus. I haven’t played guitar yet, but while I am writing this diary, I have already stood up and collect the dirty clothes and put them in the washing machine. I get easily distracted and I am very unmethodic. You can see this from this very paragraph, which is literally a complete mess. But that is my way of thinking I work with it very well. I stick to what’s actually important and forget about the details. But that’s my way of creating, purely by the instinct. And that is the main reason I don’t write the today’s date down. Because, if someone reads this again will not be interested by the distance between the days I wrote this play. At least, they shouldn’t be. There are more important things in life.

My play does not have a tittle yet, but I know what I am going to write about. If you read The Ugly One by Marius von Mayenburg and Genet’s plays, you will know I am about to write something absurd, sexual, nasty, inspired by the homossexuality and the conflict between desire, needing, sin and penalty. However, I will try to go in depth like Jean Genet used to do. The reason I am doing this? There was too many people watching my 10-minute play, I almost felt like commercial playwright. And off I go writing, listening today to the Tubular Bells I by Mike Oldfield.

1 comment:

Gaius said...

Não li o post, peço desculpa pelo meu fraco inglês, mas comento a foto! É que tem piada, ontem a raquel esteve a dormir lá em casa e estivemos a falar justamente sobre o beijo entre homens no teatro, e ela mencionou o teu beijo nas tragédias... Este não foi um comentário muito consistente mas o que é que se há-de fazer?? =P